New law on Foreigners to get Residence in Turkey
Turkish government passed the new law on foreigners.
Now foreigners who have already property in Turkey or plan to purchase have new conditions for obtaining a residence permit.
You no longer need to apply to the Turkish Embassy in your country to prolong the residence permit. Moreover for the extension of residence permit you don’t need to go anywhere, you can do it at home through the website Law on Foreigners .
The system is running in Turkish, English, German and French languages.
A foreigner owning property in Turkey can get a residence permit for up to 1 year from further annual extensions. Term residence permit is also valid for limited foreign passport and medical insurance.
List of required documents has changed, it has become a mandatory health insurance from the Turkish insurance company.
So in order to get a residence permit in Turkey you need to prepare:
- The completed online form to obtain a residence permit or extension Four biometric photos
- Original passport, a copy of the first page and the last page with the stamp of the Turkish border
- The original and the copy of the Title Deed
- Document from the Cadastral Office that proves that property does still belong to you
- VAT value added tax identification number (obtained in the Tax Office)
- Medical insurance (only suitable by Ankara Sigorta and Güneş Sigorta).
- Bank statement proving that you have the required amount for the accommodation in Turkey at the rate of $ 500 per month per person.
- Receipt of payment
- Plastic card residence permit for one year – 55 lira + stamp duty (size depends on the nationality of the person applying for a residence permit and term)
- The document on the absence of the criminal conviction in Turkey (taken at the Palace of Justice)
- All these documents should be scanned and uploaded to the system and the originals sent by post to the Göç İdari Müdürlüğü (Directorate of Immigration), and within 20 days you will receive a card of the residence permit in Turkey by mail to the specified address.