Real estate photography is an important part of promoting your properties for listing. This is a specialized field that requires some skills and investment. You don’t need to understand everything about the business to succeed in it. There are some important tips you need to know about photography to sell real estate.
These tips will help visualize your property portfolio and add a professional feel to it. When it comes to real estate photography, you can hire a professional or learn the job. From buying the right gear to shooting classic photos, the following tips will guide you accordingly.
Tips To Shoot The Right Real Estate Photographs
1. Shoot at the right time of the day
To get the property’s best views, you want to avoid low light settings. Shoot at the best time of the day when you have adequate sunlight.
2. Walk through the house before your shoot
Before shooting, walk through the property for between 30 minutes and 60 minutes. This gives you a proper sense of each interior and room. You need to clean and declutter all rooms with furniture to make them look appealing and spacious.
3. Create a list of shots you would like
Organize your real estate photography session by making a list of shots that you would like. Depending on the properties you have, this list will be unique for each project. A proper list should include shots of the internal rooms (the bedroom, the living room, and the kitchen), and the bathroom. The laundry, pantry, garage/driveway, backyard, and the front of the building. You should also include aerial photos of each property if they are available.
4. The rooms should be bright and properly lit
If you know anything about photos and cameras, you will know they do not do too well with poor lighting. Make sure the room is bright enough to give you the best images.
5. Emphasize the best quality of each area or room
Each room should have excellent features that make it stand out. This is the selling point of the room. Make sure it is accentuated in the picture.
6. Take photographs from different angles
If you are taking pictures for your real estate property, you should get as many angles as possible. Try to get as many possible angles as possible to present the best to clients.
7. Edit your pictures
Taking your real estate photos may usually result in some imperfections. This means that you can edit your pictures if there are features you do not want in them.
Real Estate Photography Tips: The Best Gear To Buy
Apart from knowing how to get a few essential tips on getting good shots of your property, you may not be able to get what you want without the proper gear. The following gear is key to helping you properly capture your property:
1. You need a DSLR camera with a wide-angle lens because this helps with manual shooting. This type of camera also makes things a lot easier for post-production of the photos.
2. With real estate photography, you need a tripod to help with various options when setting up your camera. A tripod gives you the support to shoot all properties at a constant height. This adds a professional and neat feel to your photo presentations.
3. You need to get a camera that comes with a flash. This is especially useful in low-light environments. A flash will compensate for poor lighting and will make things easier if you need to take clean and bright photos.
4. Get a camera with a remote trigger that helps you capture different aspects of your property. This touch-free setup helps eliminate errors and mistakes.