Residency Permit

Visas and permanent residency for property owners in Turkey

Before buying real estate in Turkey foreigners buyers ask themselves if it is possible to get a residence permit in Turkey. The answer is yes, the owners of property in Turkey can apply and get 1 year permanent residency that can be renewed annually. This means that property owners can not only make a holiday in Turkey, but also relocate and stay in Turkey without any limits!

residency permitOwnership of real estate in Turkey gives you the right to obtain a residence permit, with no restrictions on the amount of the purchase. Residence permission handover is based on Tapu (Title Deed). In the course of the transaction of the permanent residency the buyer can get touristic residence permit which is valid for 3 months.

   In April 2014 the Turkish government has made new changes in the law for foreigners in Turkey and the period for permanent residency is now extended for 1 year.

Necessary documents for the owners of property in Turkey:

Passport, copy of passport;
Color photographs (4 pcs., 3,5 x4,5);Ikamet Tezkeresi
• Сompleted application form, which is available in the Foreign Police Office;
• The bank statement confirming sufficient funds (about $ 500 for one month stay in Antalya and some other areas – $ 1000) or a certificate of currency exchange;
• Сertificate of property ownership in Turkey (Tapu), original and copy.

Note: The permanent residency is issued after receiving a response from Turkish government, the response may last about 2 months.

Sold The owner of the residence permission for a period of 1 year may renew it each year without limit for as long as he owns the property.
Renew of a residence permit can be done in Turkey. If a property owner does not live most than 1 year in Turkey, the time period may be shortened.

Permanent residency may be issued not only to the property owners, but also to the members of his/her family – husband/wife and children. The presence of a residence permit does not give foreigners the permission to work in the country.